2012/12/14

Pentax cameras (K-5, K-01, and Q) used for RoadRUNNER Story


A bit of shameless self promotion here...actually it's as much about Pentax cameras as it is about me, because Pentax has a lineup of cameras that fits my needs to a T. The Feb 2013 issue of RoadRUNNER Magazine is out, and the cover features a photo that I took with a Pentax K-5 with the DA70mm F2.4 Limited lens.

If you buy the magazine, you'll also notice that the first page of the story is a two-page spread:


Pentax K-01 gets two-page spread in RoadRUNNER Magazine

The above photo was taken with a K-01, that long-ridiculed camera, with the DA70. The next page features a full-page photo shot with the K-5 again:

Pentax used for RoadRUNNER story.

And on the right is the K-01 again. Both photos shot with the DA70mm F2.4. Did I tell you how much I love that lens? But wait, there's more:


Pentax Q photo published in RoadRUNNER Magazine.
The shot on the top is the editorial debut (for me, at least) of the tiny Pentax Q! I ride with the Q hanging around my neck at all times, at the ready for any shot that arises.

Here's the kit I took on this trip:

It's in the Bag, Northeast Kingdom Edition.

Yes, Virginia, all that gear is sitting on top of an iPad, another great tool for the road. The above photo, in a nutshell, is why I choose to shoot Pentax - high quality images from compact, rugged cameras. Thanks Pentax.

Click here to view a preview of the story and to purchase a copy of the issue.

2 comments:

  1. Nice and good blog my friend,
    Owner of a K5, interested in the K-01 because of the low price now (seems to big and bad ergonomics). I have the Iphone always with me, this is not a camera. The Q looks awesome, always in the pocket and now a nice deal with de combo-lenses. I think you pushed me to buy the Q.
    Dennis (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Dennis! Both the K-01 and Q are unexpected gems. Hope you enjoy yours.

      Delete