2012/12/20

Nikon 1 V1 @ Somerville Jazz Festival

Somerville Jazz Festival

I'm loving the fast AF of the V1 and the pretty darn good image quality in a small package aspect of it. I'm just not feeling the user experience though. Feels good in hand, but I feel like I'm operating a computer not a camera.

Having long reach in a small package is really nice though. I really like experimenting with stacking foregrounds and backgrounds in interesting ways.

Did I say the AF was fast. Oh my. Compose focus and shoot mid-stride.

Somerville Jazz Festival

Somerville Jazz Festival

Somerville Jazz Festival

Even fast enough to AF on standard poodles attached to office chairs. Yes, it's that good.
Somerville Jazz Festival

It's the usability that's got me down and has me hesitating on the 18.5mm F1.8 (50mm EQ). I know that I'll get the results, but it's like driving a minivan - soulless.

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote - "I know that I'll get the results, but it's like driving a minivan - soulless."

    ReplyDelete