2012/08/29

This is my mom. She's the strongest woman in the world.


And this is the Nikon 1 V1 with the 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 with the electronic shutter. This combo focuses so fast and shoots absolutely silently - not even the ant fart sound of a leaf shutter - that it may become my candid camera of choice. I would like a little more low light capability and just a hair more DOF control. Not a lot though - my style for candids is to frame subjects within their environment, not to blur out their surroundings completely. Your mileage will vary.

Here are the specs of this shot:
1/30s
f/2.8
ISO640

I've done some minor tweaking in Lightroom, including a hair of noise reduction. But this is not far from SOOC.

If Nikon ever comes out with f/1.4 and faster glass for this camera I will be in hog heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment